This is a sponsored post by Webzee.org
With the NBA season in full swing, bettors are looking for any edge they can get to beat the sportsbooks. One way to do that is by betting props, which can offer value if you know what to look for. Here are some of the best bet props for NBA games:
What Are Prop Bets?
A prop bet is a wager on something that will or will not happen during a game. For example, you might bet on whether a certain player will score more than 30 points in a game.
Some props are based on individual players, while others are based on team performance. Some props have nothing to do with the final score, such as how many times a certain player will get fouled or how many technical fouls will be called in a game.
A larger variety of prop bets is usually provided by online sportsbooks, like FandDuel online sportsbook and DraftKings online sportsbook, than by brick-and-mortar casinos.
Are Prop Bets a Good Bet?
The answer to this question depends on a few factors.
- First, you need to know what you’re betting on. If you don’t have a good handle on the NBA or the players involved, then prop bets are probably not for you.
- Second, you need to know how to find value in the odds. A sharp bettor can find value in any type of bet, but it’s easier to find in some bet types than others. For example, moneyline bets usually have more value than point spread bets.
- Lastly, you need to be disciplined with your bankroll management. Just because a bet has value doesn’t mean you should bet it. You should only bet if you’re comfortable with the amount of risk involved.
The Best Prop Bets for NBA Games
The best prop bets for NBA games are ones that offer value. That means finding props with odds that are out of line with what is likely to happen. Here are some examples of prop bets that offer
1. Player Props
Betting on player props can be a great way to find value in an NBA game. You can bet on things like how many points a player will score, how many assists they will have, or even whether they will record a double-double. Doing your research on a player’s recent performances and matchup can give you an edge when betting on their props.
2. Team Props
Team props can also offer value in an NBA game. You can bet on things like how many points a team will score, whether they will make more three-pointers than their opponents, or if they will win the rebounding battle. Again, doing your research on a team’s recent performances and matchup can give you an advantage when betting on their props.
3. Game Props
Game props are usually based on events that happen during a game. You can bet on things like how many points will be scored in the first half, who will score the first basket, or whether there will be a buzzer-beater. Paying attention to the flow of the game can help you find value with game props.
4. Futures Props
Futures props are bets on events that will occur at some point during the season. You can bet on things like who will win the MVP award or which team will make the playoffs. Doing your research on a team’s offseason moves, player development, and strength of schedule can give you an edge when betting on future props.
5. Live Betting Props
Live betting props are available during the course of a game. You can bet on things like who will win the next possession, whether a certain player will make their next shot, or how many points will be scored in the next quarter. Being able to watch the game and react quickly to what is happening can give you an advantage when live betting.
6. Unusual Prop Bets in NBA Games
In addition to the standard prop bets, you can also find some unusual prop bets in NBA games. These are usually long-shot bets with high odds that can offer a big payout if they hit. Some examples of unusual prop bets include:
- Betting on which player will be the first to be ejected from the game
- Betting on whether a player will miss both free throws after being fouled
- Betting on whether a team will score more points in the first or second half
These are just a few examples of the types of prop bets that are available for NBA games. Doing your research and finding value in your bets can give you an edge over the sportsbooks.